Monday, April 14, 2014

Why Should I Blog?

Be honest, why do you blog? In an interview conducted by Rebecca Blood, blogger Matt Haughey says that he blogs "to simply express myself." Haughey, who is probably best known as the creator of the first community weblog Metafilter, is a man who spends his entire day online blogging. Blogging aided him in getting jobs, pay expenses, and meet new people. All of this, in the year 2005. Around that time, I was probably amazed that there are internet speeds faster than dial-up. Actually, Matt Haughey reminds me of myself back in my hardcore gaming days.....

Oops, I'm slowly drifting to talk about my past. I should really stick to the title. Considering the timing of the post and the fact that I haven't posted in days, I should really ask myself "Why should I blog?" I rarely post anything to the internet, and I really don't want to express my thoughts openly like Haughey. Here's my answer, it is because in a certain class, it's 15% of my grade. I can safely assume though, my classmates are blogging for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment