Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How Casual Airy Came to be

For those who wondered why this blog is called "Casual Airy," let me dedicate this post on why and how this blog's name came to be.

Required for my Intro to New Media class, I have stated in my "Why Should I Blog?" post that I need to manage a blog for grade purposes. So as such, I thought I should give my blog a standard name like "My Intro to New Media Blog" "My Blog" "Jeff's Blog" "Blog" or "SPC260."(This blog was really close to be named from some of those!) If this blog was used only for my grade, I could always shut the blog down after finals....However, I thought something else.

This is my first ever blog! For something that is a first to me, I feel that I should treasure it. Who knows, something big may come out of it in the future. So, if I care for this blog, I should give my blog's name with serious thought.

In serious thinking mode, I thought of my views on social media, popular trends, and new media itself. My thinking was, I really don't care about anything that deals with online stuff. Since I don't care that much, I searched up some adjectives that would describe my views. Some common words that came up were "unconcerned," "not serious," and "relaxing." Then, from taking those words, I found the word "Casual." However, I cannot simply name my blog "Casual" right? I need a second word to clearly define this blog. That second word that I came up with is...


Airy




You're welcome to tell me where I got Airy from. I'll explain why I used Airy on another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment