Friday, May 16, 2014

Parents pressure me to get Facebook

Parents...I taught them how to use a computer. I taught them how to use the internet. I taught them how to sign up on Facebook. Any technological question they have, is directed towards me. ipad froze? They come to me. Computer broken? They come to me. TV not working? They come to me. Phone not working? They come to me.

Every now and then, I would teach my parents on how to handle some of the technological issue themselves (It's annoying sometimes to fix the issue myself.) But, maybe I should regret that a bit. With the little things they learn about today's technology, the more things they learn the new stuff and adapt.

Personally, I am one of the few that refuses to create any social media profile on the net (I rather not have a "persona" online). Recently though, my parents said that I have to create a Facebook account because "everybody has one nowadays." Of course I refused, but it seems, in increased amounts, my parents are pressuring me to get one. Furthermore, they said "I should get an iphone"....wait what? (They're willing to pay for it!) They said I should get one because it's "THE IPHONE!!" and that "you can do facetime and blah blah blah." As much I appreciate it, I have to refuse.

What have I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment